Gwo-Hwa Wan, Ph. D.
Gwo-Hwa Wan, Ph. D.
Ph. D. in Public Health, National Taiwan University
Bioaerosol, Nitric oxide Analysis, Environment Health, Statistics
Selected Main Publications
1. Chia TP, Ton SS, Liou SJ, Hsu HF, Chen CT, Wan GH*. Effectiveness of engineering interventions in decreasing worker exposure to metalworking fluid aerosols. Science of the Total Environment 2019;659(1):923-927. (*Corresponding author)
2. Yang SH, Chen CT, Lin HL, Wan GH*. Influential Factors of Aerosolized Therapeutic Drugs Delivery Efficiency. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2018;29:1-12. (TSCI) (*Corresponding author)
3. Chung FF, Wan GH*, Kuo SC, Lin KC, Liu HE. Mother–infant interaction quality and sense of parenting competence at six months postpartum for first-time mothers in Taiwan: A multiple time series design. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2018;18(1):365(1-13). (*Corresponding author)
4. Li YC, Lin HL, Liao FC, Wang SS, Chang HC, Hsu HF, Chen SH, Wan GH*. Potential risk for bacterial contamination in conventional reused ventilator systems and disposable closed ventilator-suction systems. PloS One 2018:13(3):e0194246. (*Corresponding author)
5. Lee ST, Liang CC, Chien TY, Wu FJ, Fan KC, Wan GH*. Effect of ventilation rate on air cleanliness and energy consumption in operation rooms at rest. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 2018;190(3):178. (*Corresponding author)
6. Lin HL, Fang TP, Cho HS, Wan GH, Hsieh MJ, Fink JB. Aerosol delivery during spontaneous breathing with different types of nebulizers- in vitro/ex vivo models evaluation. Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2018;48:225-231.
7. Yang SH, Yang TM, Lin HL, Tsai YH, Fang TP, Wan GH*. Size distribution of salbutamol/ipratropium aerosols produced by different nebulizers in the absence and presence of heat and humidification. Pulmonary Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2018;48:22-27. (*Corresponding author)
8. Liu MH, Tung TH, Chung FF, Wan GH*. High total volatile organic compounds pollution in a hospital dental department. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 2017;189(11):571. (*Corresponding author)
9. Tseng HY, Lin HL, Wang YC, Wan GH. Clinical applications of 8-isoprostane and cysteinyl leukotrienes in exhaled breath condensates. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2017;16(2):1-12. (TSCI) (*Corresponding author)
10. Ding PH, Wang GS, Guo YL, Chang SC, Wan GH*. Urban air pollution and meteorological factors affect emergency department visits of elderly patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Taiwan Environmental Pollution 2017;224:751-758. (*Corresponding author)
11. Yan DC, Chung FF, Lin SJ, Wan GH*. The relationships among Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus exposure, exhaled nitric oxide, and exhaled breath condensate pH levels in atopic asthmatic children. Medicine 2016;95(39):e4825. (*Corresponding author)
12. Ding PH, Wang GS, Liu YK, Chen BY, Wan GH*. Urban Air Pollution in Taiwan before and after the Installation of a Mass Rapid Transit System. Journal of Environmental Quality 2016;45:1731-1739. (*Corresponding author)
13. Tsai YH, Chen KW, Hsiao HF, Fang TP, Chien MY, Wan GH*. Job burnout associated with work satisfaction in hospital respiratory therapists. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2016;15(2):1-13. (TSCI) (*Corresponding author)
14. Wan GH, Huang CG, Chung FF, Lin TY, Tsao KC, Huang YC. Detection of common respiratory viruses and Mycoplasma pneumoniae in patient-occupied rooms in pediatric wards. Medicine 2016;95(14):e3014.
15. Hu HC, Liu HC, Chen YH, Huang CC, Wan GH, Chou LT, Hsieh MJ, Chen NH, Yang CT, Kao KC. The impact of aerosolized mucolytic agents on the airflow resistance of bacterial filters used in mechanical ventilation. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2015;114(8):717-721.
16. Wan SS, Chou CF, Chung FF, Hsiao HF, Huang CT, Wan GH*. Prevalences of sick building syndrome symptoms in respiratory therapists in a medical center. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2015;14(2):1-14. (TSCI) (*Corresponding author)
17. Chen CY, Lin HL, Chung FF, Wan GH*. High sensitivity C-reactive protein concentration in exhaled breath condensates used as an indicator of airway inflammation in asthmatic children. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2015;14(1):11-20.(TSCI) (*Corresponding author)
18. Chao ER, Wan GH, Chao LT, Lin HL. Performance comparison of constant-output nebulizers. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2015;14(1):1-10. (TSCI)
19. Chung FF, Lin HL, Liu HE, Lien SY, Hsiao HF, Chou LT, Wan GH*. Aerosol distribution during open suctioning and long-term surveillance of air quality in a respiratory care center within a medical center. Respiratory Care 2015;60(1):30-37. (*Corresponding author)
20. Wan GH*. Respiratory therapy techniques and hospital air quality. Journal of Chang Gung Institute of Technology 2014;21:1-12. (TSCI) (*Corresponding author)
21. Wan GH, Lin HL, Fink JB, Chen YH, Wang WJ, Chiu YC, Kao YY, Liu CJ. In vitro evaluation of aerosol delivery by different nebulization modes in pediatric and adult mechanical ventilators. Respiratory Care 2014;59(10):1494-1500.
22. Wan GH, Yan DC, Tseng HY, Lee JT, Lin YW. Using high performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detector to quantify the exhaled leukotriene B4 (LTB4) in non-atopic adults. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2014;113(8),566-568. doi: 10.1016/j.jfma.2013.12.009.
23. Wan GH*, Wu CL, Chen YF, Wang YL, Huang SH, Chen CW. Particle size concentration distribution and influences on exhaled breath particles in mechanically ventilated patients. Plos One 2014;9(1);e87088. doi: 10.1371. (*Corresponding author)
24. Wan GH*, Yan DC, Tseng HY, Tung TH, Lin SJ, Lin YW. Cysteinyl leukotriene levels are correlated with 8-isoprostane levels in exhaled breath condensates of atopic and healthy children. Pediatric Research 2013;74(5);584-91. doi: 10.1038 /pr.2013.142. (*Corresponding author)
25. Chen YH, Ko TT, Chang CT, Wan GH, Lin HL, Huang CC. The perceived stressor and coping strategy among respiratory therapy students during clinical practice. Journal of Respiratory Therapy 2013;12(2),39-47. (TSCI)
26. Wan GH*, Yan DC, Tung TH, Tang CS, Liu CH. Seasonal changes in endotoxin exposure and its relationship to exhaled nitric oxide and exhaled breath condensate pH levels in atopic and healthy children. Plos One 2013;8(6):e66785. (*Corresponding author)
27. Chen CP, Huang KG, Wan GH, Tu LY, Lee JT. Sexual satisfaction and related factors in women previously treated for gynecological cancer. The Journal of Nursing 2013;60(2):61-70. (MEDLINE, TSCI)
28. Tang CS, Wan GH*. Air quality monitoring of post-operation recovery room and locations surrounding operating theatres in a medical center in Taiwan. Plos One 2013;8(4):e61093. (*Corresponding author)
29. Wan GH*, Huang CG, Huang YC, Huang JP, Yang SL, Lin TY, Tsao KC. Surveillance of airborne adenovirus and Mycoplasma pneumoniae in the hospital pediatric department. Plos one 2012;7(3):e33974. (*Corresponding author)
30. Sui YS, Wan GH*, Chen YW, Ku HL, Li LP, Liu CH, Mau HS. Effectiveness of bacterial disinfectants on surfaces of mechanical ventilators and bedside equipment. Respiratory Care 2012;57(2):250-256. (*Corresponding author)
31. Lin HL, Wan GH, Chen YH, Fink JB, Liu WQ, Liu KY. Influence of nebulizer type with different pediatric aerosol masks on drug deposition in a model of a spontaneously breathing small child. Respiratory Care 2012;57(11):1894-1900. doi: 10.4187
32. Lee JT, Wan GH, Liu HE, Chien HH. Exploring body image and related factors in pregnant women. Formosan Journal of Sexology 2012;18(1):1-24. (ACI)
33. Wan GH*, Chung FF. Working conditions associated with ovarian cycle in nurses, a Taiwan study. Japan Journal of Nursing Science 2012;9(1):112-118. (*Corresponding author)
34. Wan GH, Chung FF, Tang CS. Long-term surveillance of air quality in medical center operating rooms. American Journal of Infection Control 2011;39(4):302-308.
35. Lee JT, Lin CL, Wan GH, Liang CC. Sexual positions and sexual satisfaction of pregnant women. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy 2010;36(5):408-420. doi, 10.1080/0092623X.2010.510776. (SSCI)
36. Cheng SF, Liu HE, Fang CC, Wan GH. Factors associated with the knowledge of “hospice and palliative care act” and attitude towards ”Do not resuscitation” among the medical staff in emergency department. Formosan Journal of Medicine 2010;14(2):124-132. (TSCI)
37. Tang CS, Chung FF, Lin MC, Wan GH*. Impact of patient visiting activities on indoor climate in a medical intensive care unit, a 1-year longitudinal study. American Journal of Infection Control 2009;37(3):183-8. (*Corresponding author)
38. Tsai YH, Wan GH*, Wu YK, Tsao KC. Airborne severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus concentrations in a negative-pressure isolation room. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2006;27(5):523-525. (*Corresponding author)
39. WanGH*, Lin KK, Tsai SC, Chiu DTY. Decreased glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase (G6PD) activity and risk of senile cataract in Taiwan. Ophthalmic Epidemiology 2006;13:1-6. (*Corresponding author)
40. Chung FF, Yao Chou CC, Wan GH*. The associations between menstrual function and life style/working conditions among nurses in Taiwan. Journal of Occupational Health 2005; 47:149-156. (*Corresponding author) (SCI)
41. WanGH, Tsai YH, Wu YK, Tsao KC. A large-volume nebulizer would not be an infectious source for severe acute respiratory syndrome. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2004; 25(12):1113-1115. (SCI)
42. Wan GH, Lu SC, Tsai YH. Polymerase chain reaction used for the detection of airborne Mycobacterium tuberculosis in health care settings. American Journal of Infection Control 2004; 32(1):17-22. (SCI)
43. Chung FF, Chou Yao CC, Wan GH*. A study of female reproductive cycles in student nurses. Chang Gung Nursing 2003; 4(14):366-378. (*Corresponding author)
44. Wan GH*, Tsai SC, Chiu DTY. Decreased blood activity of glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase (G6PD) associates with increased risk for diabetes mellitus. Endocrine 2002; 19(2):191-196. (*Corresponding author) (SCI)
45. Wan GH*. Bioaerosols and health effects in respiratory system. Journal of Chang Gung Institute of Nursing 2001;(3):311-317. (*Corresponding author)
46. Wan GH, Wang GS, Li CS, Wang CS. Assessment of vulnerability of public health to the impact of global environmental change. Chinese Journal of Public Health 2000;19(1):20-32. (TSSCI, ACI)
47. Wan GH, Li CS, Lin RH. Airborne endotoxin exposure and the development of airway antigen-specific allergic responses. Clinical and Experimental Allergy 2000; 30(3):426-432. (SCI)
48. Wan GH*. Health Effects in Office Building Workers~Sick Building Syndrome. Journal of Chang Gung Institute of Nursing 2000;(2):199-203. (*Corresponding author)
49. Wan GH, Li CS, Guo SP, Rylander R, Lin RH. An airbone mold-derived product, beta-1,3-D-glucan, potentiates airway allergic responses. European Journal of Immunology 1999; 29(8):2491-2497. (SCI)
50. Wan GH, Li CS. Dampness and airway inflammation and systemic symptoms in office building workers. Archives of Environmental & Occupational Health 1999;54(1):58-63. (SCI)
51. Wan GH, Li CS. Indoor endotoxin and glucan in association with airway inflammation and systemic symptoms. Archives of Environmental & Occupational Health 1999;54(3):172-179. (SCI)
52. Wan GH, Li CS. Indoor endotoxin and glucan in association with sick building syndrome. Journal of Aerosol Science 1998; 29:172-179. (SCI)
53. Wan GH*. Application of statistical methods in nursing research. Journal of Chang Gung Institute of Nursing 1999;(1):157-167. (*Corresponding author)
54. Wan GH, Li CS. Bioaerosols and health effects. Chinese Journal of Occupational Medicine 1997; 4(1):15-23. (TSCI)
55. Li CS, Wan GH, Hsieh KH, Chua KY, Lin RH. Seasonal variation of house dust mite allergen (Der p 1) in a subtropical climate. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 1994;94(1):131-134. (SCI)